Thursday 20 June 2013

COLOUR PALETTE POUT


L I P S T I C K  L U S T

I've been lusting after Lime Crime make-up (lipsticks in particular) for a while now, but could never bring myself to pay the overseas shipping just in case of the daring shades looking ridiculous on my skin tone. Even though I've never heard or seen a negative review on any Lime Crime make-up I was worried their opaque coloured lipsticks would look silly against my strange pale/yellow skin tone & forever-changing hair colour.

I stumbled across Cocktail Cosmetics website and found they were UK based and they sold Lime Crime make-up (yay!!!!), there was still a postage charge but £11.50 for a beautiful lipstick was something I wasn't going to miss. You can access their range of Lime Crime make-up by clicking HERE. I soon added 'Airbourne Unicorn' and 'Chinchilla' colour lipsticks to my basket and proceeded to the checkout. 

Even though I was happy with the price & shipping I was still determined to get them for cheaper (or any kind of discount being a student),  so I did some research and found THIS WEBSITE where you can get discount/free shipping codes for Cocktail Cosmetics, I cannot remember exactly what one I used but each lipstick ended up being just £10 each, bargain!

R E V I E W






Firstly the delivery time was super quick, I waited three days and it was first class signed delivery, they came in a little flat white cardboard box, and when I opened it my lipsticks were delicately placed in a see of black curly tissue paper, so bravo to Cocktail Cosmetics for good delivery service.

The Lime Crime packaging was just a beautiful and magical as I had anticipated, stunning lilac boxes with inner-avocado green insides, not to mention the signature silver unicorn on the outside!

Equally as beautifully executed as the boxes were the lipsticks themselves. Holographic unicorns dance on the lipstick tube, soooooo lovely. The smell of the lipsticks are identical to that of MAC lipsticks, which is a very good sign of a long-wearing lipstick. The colours were just like they are on the Lime Crime website, true to life in the flesh as they are on the skin and on the internet, which is super hard to find! I applied only two coats of the Chinchilla colour and it made for very opaque and bold colour & coverage (picture shown above).

Definitely go and buy some! They really won't let you down.



Love, Lily x

7 comments:

  1. hey, love your blog and tumblr and almost everything! i was just wondering what theme are you using for your blospot? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! wonderful color! I love your hair<3
    please visit me in free time:)
    http://mesmerize87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love limecrime it's definitely one of my favourite! the colours are super pigmented and those little unicorns on the lipstick tube is amazing!

    Check out my new blog post! :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this lipstick, and your choker! I have nominated you for the liebster award - an award for up and coming bloggers. to find out what you need to do please check out my blog where everything will be explained! thanks! x
    http://batmannotincluded.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah sick!! i have wanted a limecrime lipstick forever! totally gunna go purchase one now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. for more coupons visit our website coupon outlet https://couponoutlet.org we have many coupons with upto 50% off
    Couponcodes

    ReplyDelete